Google+

Dollar Tree Christmas Crafts including Cheap Doll Finds -- a Crafty Weekends Post and Link Party

Disclosure: I am receiving a small stipend for writing this post and will receive a small percentage from any purchases made from the Dollar Tree links. All opinions are my own!

I know Halloween is coming fast and once it has come the holiday season has begun. I love to focus on Christmas since it is one of my favorite holidays. So yes, I am sharing some Christmas crafts and items. The best part is the supplies are from Dollar Tree where everything is $1!!  And like most stores, they already have Christmas items out!!



My first big find was an 18-inch Christmas tree!! Hazel and I had been talking about doing something for a tree for her dolls. This one is perfect!! Her dolls were very excited to see it. I also bought these two sparkly gift ornaments for under the tree. 


Samantha could not wait to begin decorating it. She hung one of the glitter ornament charms I reviewed awhile ago on it. Saige wanted to add her own touch and made a paper chain out of construction paper. I cut 1/2-inch strips of half sheets of construction paper and used a glue stick on them. 


I made Saige a glue stick using a cylindrical wooden bead. I painted it to match our glue stick. I also stuck a purple foam bead into the wooden bead's hole to be the glue. Saige had Samantha help her hang it on the tree.  

$1 Craft Supplies at Dollar Tree!
Be sure to check out the craft supplies at Dollar Tree. They have construction paper, glue sticks and beads!! 


I made a star topper for the tree with a star wreath frame I got last year. I used silver sparkle ribbon I got at the Dollar Tree and wrapped it around the wreath like we did for the string art we made. Then I tied it on to the tree in the back. 


However Kit couldn't wait to open the gifts. The girls didn't let her though. She just tried shaking them and guessing what might be inside. Stay tuned for more decorations added to the dolls' tree!! We found some mini ornaments that I had bought for a quilt project that hasn't gotten made so Hazel hung them on the dolls' tree. 

I also wanted to do a holiday craft. I bought a four pack of glass votive holders, two packs of two battery operated votives, and a package of wired garland ties.
I used three of the garland ties to make a ring. Then I added more ties to them making a ring for each of the votive holders. I painted the votive holders for Advent since all the battery operated candles are white. I painted three with purple acrylic paint and one with pink. Once they were dry I put them in the rings in the garland. I wanted to decorate a bit more so I pulled out red jingle bells which I bought at Dollar Tree previously and hot glued them like berries to the wreath. I love my finished product. 

So be sure to check out Dollar Tree for your Christmas needs!! 





Thank you to everyone who shared with us at our last party!! It had so many fun ideas and inspiration!  Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Creative Blog Hop.


Features

1) From Refresh Living: Easy DIY Pumpkins

2) From Clean & Scentsible: Lighted Fall Terrarium

3) From Duct Tape & Denim: Easy Fall Garland

4) From You Brew My Tea: Easy Fall Leaf Garland

5) From Crystal & Co.: No Sew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume

6) From Flamingo Toes: Vintage Halloween Embroidery Printables

7) From The Jenny Evolution: DIY Candy Corn Wreath

8) From Living La Vida Holoka: 3-D Halloween Art

9) From Life Sew Savory: The Twirly Dress Free PDF Pattern 12m - 14Y


10) From Sandy a la Mode: Magical Unicorn Birthday Party Ideas

11) From 3 Boys and a Dog: Cookie Exchange Game Ideas


12) From Bombshell Bling: Handmade Felt Letter Board

Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!


Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!