Google+

The Art of Paper Flowers -- a Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

Disclosure: I was sent this book to review free of charge from Quarto Books USA. All opinions in this post are my own. I did not receive any other compensation for this review. I am including links to each item for your convenience but do not receive anything if you purchase them.

Tonight I get the pleasure of sharing with you a new book full of tutorials and patterns to create beautiful paper flowers. The book is The Art of Paper Flowers by Bobby Pearce. The flowers created in this book and with the instructions remind of the flower kits sold at Paper Source. The book allows you to design your own colors and various types of flowers.


https://www.quartoknows.com/books/9781589239364/The-Art-of-Paper-Flowers.html?direct=1

Hazel loves paper flowers and always wants to make them. I hadn't shown her this book even while I was trying some out, but she found it and wants to make some with me and wants me to make bouquets. The first one I tried was the sunflower. We did not have the yellow sand for the stamen, so I used gold glitter glue.

I like how it came out and need to make more. The cutting can be a bit tedious though. 
I also decided to try the lily of the valley. I picked these two because they did not require stamens. There are instructions to make stamens, but I do not have all the supplies needed. I made a smaller version of the lily of the valley because I was on a time crunch.

I love this book and the flowers I have made and highly recommend checking it out!!




Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! It was another fun, large party. Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! This week the features are in two groups: Holiday Crafts and Every Day Crafts. 

Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Creative Blog Hop.

Holiday Craft Features


1) From The Real Thing with the Coake Family: Simple Thanksgiving Decoration Thankful Box Craft

4) From The Garden Matter: Handmade Gifts - Bayberry Candles

5) From Refresh Living: DIY Teacup Candles

6) From The Turquoise Home: O Holy Night Free Printable

Every Day Craft Features



1) From On-Line Labels: Watercolor Alphabet Art
2) From Simply {Darr}ling: Shabby Chic Memo Board
3) From Hunt & Host: DIY Chalkboard Apron

4) From Tried & True: Dia de Los Muertos Coasters DIY

5) From  By Brittany Goldwyn: Make an Easy DIY Monitor Stand

6) From Rain on a Tin Roof: Easy Party Backgrounds for Less Than $10

Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!



Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!