Google+

Color Your Own Origami -- A Relaxing Friday Review on World Origami Day 2016

Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing gave me copies of these books free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation. 

Did you know today is World Origami Day? I just found out this week. Various websites have information about it. The one I got this poster from is in America and celebrates if from October 24 through November 11, but most say it is November 11.

Source
I figured it was the perfect Relaxing Friday to review Color Your Origami Kit. It has our coloring for Relaxing Friday and origami for World Origami Day! Two of my favorite paper past times!
http://www.tuttlepublishing.com/books-by-country/color-your-own-origami-kit-book-and-kit

The kit has everything you need: papers to color, markers, and an instruction book.

Hazel and I got to work coloring this week. I found the markers a bit to broad for some of the pages and resorted to my favorite pens. Hazel however was loving the colors of the markers. She hasn't finished hers (top left corner) yet, but I love the job she is doing!!

I quickly finished the two I hadn't and started folding for you. I LOVE the flowered page and found it so fun to color.  I folded it into a crane--the symbol of peace in Japan.

Then I made a Chinese Tea Table. This is a good one to display your coloring since it has a good surface showing. (Hmm, maybe I should have taken more time to finish those spirals!)

And with my fish paper I made a Japanese lantern. I will admit I finished the spots that showed after I folded it.

I love how this kit gives you the supplies to color your own paper. As I looked in the instruction book I saw that they colored the pages very differently than me. (Yes the photos in the book have the paper colored in.) The kit comes with 12 different paper designs (four of each) and the instruction book includes a picture frame, pinwheel balloon, swallow, Masu box, jumping frog, Scarab beetle, luna moth, and bat as well as the ones I made. ANd of course origami can always turn into a geometry lesson!! 

For more origami posts check out: