Google+

The Night Voyage -- A Relaxing Friday Review

Disclosure: Penguin Random House Books gave me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation.  As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

It is time for a Relaxing Friday Review. Today I am sharing with you Daria Song's third adult coloring book, The Night Voyage. Each of Daria's books follows a young girl and her imagination on various adventures. The Time Garden explores as the girl finds a door to explore the cuckoo clock and discovers the magical world of the fairy that lives inside. The Time Chamber shares the fairy's exploration of the little girl's world. 


http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/546973/the-night-voyage-by-daria-song/

 
 The Night Voyage tells the story of how the young girl's parents are away on a business trip for the girl's birthday. They left her with a mountain of beautifully wrapped gifts since they feel bad about being away. The girl is lonely and decides she would like to give her gifts to children all around the world so she could make new friends. And at midnight the toy conductor come alive and grows to life size and takes her on a magical journey. It almost makes her like Santa Claus. 
 Most of the pictures are double pages and have very small details. They are beautiful and so magical. From hot air balloons to paper cranes she has magic to help her deliver these gifts.
 The pictures provide so many different ways to color and make them even more fantastical. The journey is fun and of course tires her out so finally her cat and she fall asleep. I think this is one of my favorite pages because she reminds me a bit of Hazel.
 At the end of the book there a visual index showing all the pages in the book.

 And then there is a bonus page of the girl writing a letter (perhaps to one of her new friends) and a card to color. I haven't shown Hazel yet, but I know she will want to make it. She loves the coloring books that make cards!!

I love how Daria Song's books tell an imaginative fantasy story involving the same young girl. The pictures can be whatever you want them to be since most are not a realty anyway. It gives the person coloring complete freedom to let go and relax, so add this one to a fun coloring book!! Enjoy!!