Google+

Summertime Fun -- Bedtime Fun

Disclosure: I was sent these sheets free of charge. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As always I am providing links to the book for your convenience.

Part of summertime fun is the change in our routine. Without school at 8 a.m. we are letting Hazel stay up a bit later and this is making her sleep later, which means I get to sleep later!! She has been so excited for the change in the bedtime routine. We are still working out the kinks since some nights she is staying up later than Daddy. We also have allowed her to stay up even later on Tuesday nights to watch Chopped Junior. 

Our summer night time routine has been that Hazel has to read to my parents on the phone and be ready to go to bed by 8 p.m. and then I read to her. Steve goes in and lays with her for about ten minutes (while her baby music toy plays) and then he leaves. He puts a body pillow in the bed beside her to trick her into thinking someone is there when she is sleeping. She hates being alone. 



Going to bed later of course she is sleeping past 6 a.m. most days now. This means I get to sleep past 7 most mornings. I am loving i!! When we were at the Cape Hazel stayed up even later and slept later. She got to see the fireworks and see fireflies at night for the first time. I love summertime!!

Of course the key to sleeping is having a comfortable bed!! Today I am sharing with you Mellanni Fine Linens. I was sent a queen size set of white sheets. They are stain resistant, wrinkle free and microfiber. Now this was a first for me. I have always slept on cotton sheets. My mother taught me to be a bit of a sheet snob. She always told me to buy cotton ones since cotton lets your skin breath more and won't make you too hot during the night. However I have to say these microfiber sheets are extremely soft. 
Another amazing thing about the sheets is how little space they take up in the washing machine. I usually wash our queen size sheets by themselves since I don't want to overfill the washing machine. However there was room with these sheets to include some of our other laundry. What an added bonus!


Now I tend to hang my sheets out on my clothesline in the summer. I love the smell of sheets hung out (as well as our clothes) and I do not use fabric softener because my mother told me not to for some health reasons (I don't always pay attention to the reasons and just find it easier to accept what she says and do it). These sheets come off the clothesline soft!! That is near impossible without fabric softener.

The sheets themselves are pretty plain, but the pillowcases have nice line decorations sewn in to them. The sheets are deep pocket for all the thicker mattresses out there. They are extremely soft and comfortable.  So if you are looking for new sheets be sure to check them out!! They do come in different colors and sizes.